CENX Scales Global Operations with New Ottawa Location
Secures $5 million in funding from Comerica Bank
October 21, 2013 – OTTAWA, Canada. CENX, a leading provider of Ethernet service orchestration solutions, announced the opening of a global development and operations center in Ottawa, Canada. The new location provides further infrastructure that scales CENX to meet the global demand for Carrier Ethernet software solutions. The company also announced that it received $5 million in funding from Comerica Bank to support CENX’s expansion.
- CENX delivers software solutions for service providers that orchestrate the Ethernet services lifecycle, including end to end visualization of Ethernet assets and automation of key workflows such as ordering, provisioning, inventory audit, and fault isolation.
- Core development for the company’s flagship solution, CENX Ethernet Lifecycle Manager, is based in Ottawa. The company recently scaled its capabilities with the opening of a global development and operations center based in downtown Ottawa. The new location houses a growing team of approximately 50 Ethernet experts in software development and professional services, as well as other corporate functions such as Marketing, Product Management and Finance.
- CENX boosted its sales presence in North America and the UK, with the addition of experienced sales professionals to meet the global demand for Ethernet software solutions from service providers and cloud exchange providers.
- CENX received $5 million in funding from Comerica Bank that will support CENX’s expansion including software development and globalization.
Ed Ogonek, CENX President and CEO
"CENX’s new generation software approach is unique. We leverage deep expertise in Ethernet service delivery together with Web 2.0 technologies, automation, and big data analytics to deliver actionable intelligence that powers Ethernet service orchestration. Our traction with Tier 1 service providers validates the tangible business value we deliver, and we are excited about the business prospects for CENX in this global market," said Ed Ogonek, CENX President and CEO.
- Service Providers are investing in Carrier Ethernet and next generation IP service infrastructure to meet persistent customer demand for greater bandwidth, harmonized quality of experience and improved service performance. Key applications such as mobile backhaul, data center interconnect, cloud access services and enterprise Ethernet services will fuel the Ethernet market. Infonetics Research forecasts that annual service provider investment in Carrier Ethernet will reach nearly $40 billion by 2017.
- A Heavy Reading survey highlighted that competition in Ethernet services has expanded beyond service types and technical details to include greater emphasis on service performance and quality of experience.
- While Carrier Ethernet offers flexible parameters fundamental to Ethernet service differentiation, it brings added complexity to service provisioning and management. Existing management solutions are challenged to deal with the overwhelming volume and varying levels of data required to manage Ethernet services.
CENX provides service orchestration solutions for Ethernet transport in today’s IP networks and new generation software-defined networks. We bring the power of web 2.0, automation and big data analytics to visualize Ethernet transport services, and orchestrate service delivery across multiple operator networks. With CENX, service providers and cloud exchange providers can accelerate time to revenue, create service differentiation, and assure performance – end to end. www.cenx.com